10/29/10

Friday Favorites

Welcome to Friday Favorites: the first edition without any design links!  Now that I have split my design infatuation off to A Delightful Design the Friday Favorites here are all about family and food.

Have you ever brined a turkey?  I have done it twice and last year yielded the best results with a buttermilk brine recipe from Williams Sonoma.  This year I wouldn't mind trying this brine from my favorite: Pioneer Woman.

ValSoCal has been killing me with her recipes this fall.  At first I was a little leery of her Pumpkin Pie Pasta with Apple Chicken Sausages but once I read through the list of ingredients I was hooked.  My dad is in town this weekend and I plan to make this for dinner tonight.  Pumpkin, heavy cream, sage, and my favorite type of sausage?  That's a winner.

I know at least a few of you are either on a gluten free diet yourself or have family members who are gluten free.  Here is a super helpful post of a blind taste test of all the gluten free pancake mixes.  Click here to see their results!

Since I am always quite frank with my readers when it comes to my life and my marriage, let me just say that these last two weeks have been more than difficult.  I would even venture to say nearly impossible.  Maybe what I needed was this post from Marriage Gems on How Wives Can Learn to Speak the Language of Men to Get Their Attention.

Do you have a strong willed child?  This post encouraged me and reminded me of what I truly already knew in my heart about my oldest boy.  Click here to be inspired.

If you were starting a business or taking over a company one of the first things you would tackle is a mission statement.  But have you made a mission statement as a family?  I have often felt like I spend so much time in triage, just taking care of the next needed task, that I never have time for the big picture.  Click here to read how to create a simple road-map to get your whole family on the same page.

What is your Friday Favorite?
I would love to hear from you.

If you enjoyed this post you can subscribe to my blog here, or "follow" my blog in my sidebar.


5 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I'm beyond joyous that you enjoyed the pasta. The flavors are totally great. I can't wait to make it again. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you - I'm so happy you jutted off into a design blog all of its own...not for the reason you're probably thinking, though...because I have to admit that design really isn't my thing, and I am seriously enjoying the "whole focus on family and food" thing already! You know me and food :) and of course I love hearing about family! I do have to note, though, that as little interest or talent as *I* have in design, YOU are so good at it! And I'm sure your readers who are here for the design will also love that you separated them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessica! Actually, you were one of my readers I thought of when I did the split. They are really two distinct groups. So glad you are still here and enjoying it!

    Val-
    Your pasta was so dang good and the perfect balance of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, I clicked over to Marriage Gems -- how fantastic was that post?
    Thanks, I think it was a favorite of mine, too. How on earth do you have time for 2 blogs??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm an occasional lurker, and just wanted to tell you to keep doing what you are doing. I love your line about doing triage and not being able to focus on the big picture. I'm working on that, too. God Bless.
    - Michiganhome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails