photo bucket
White Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
box of chicken broth
roasted chicken breast: shredded
1 large jar of great northern beans
1 large jar of great northern beans
1 can of corn with peppers
1 small can of sliced black olives
large jar of salsa (medium picante)
Ground Cumin to taste
2 C mexican shredded cheese
Combine all ingredients, except the cheese, and heat thoroughly. Add cheese before serving. We enjoy our chili with Lime Tostidos and Cholula hot sauce.
Finally, the deli at the grocery store will be happy to sell you their containers.
I love 'em.
They are awesome for transporting everything from soup to pastas.
What is your go-to meal you bring to those who need it?
I would also love to hear about
the best meal you have ever received.
Time to share!
Looking for my posts on design? Click here.




I always make spaghetti for people. I make the sauce and then give them the pasta and a salad. They can freeze the sauce and save the pasta for another night. It is hard when everyone brings you meals at one time and you can't get through it all!
ReplyDeletePerfect timing! I'm bringing dinner to friends who have a new baby tonight in fact, and my go-to is chicken enchiladas with green sauce--easy to pop in the oven, just as good re-heated. (Here's the recipe: http://www.shaunaniequist.com/blog/2010/1/20/fiesta-etc.html) I'm also bringing chips and salsa, a black bean and corn salad, & pumpkin bread.
ReplyDeleteAnd do you use mealbaby? (http://mealbaby.com/) It's probably been around forever, but I just used it for the first time--sooo much easier than the email/speadsheet business. :)
See you soon!
I always take white chicken chili although my recipe is slightly different. It's a hit every time and so easy.
ReplyDeleteT
When I had Davy, a mom of 8 children brought Alex and I a filet dinner. Not only was it DELISH, but knowing that she put more than an average amount of work/$ into it, made it even more special. I'm all for easy, but it was a good reminder that sometimes it really communicates love to go out of your way and do the extra special.
ReplyDeleteT
Well, I FINALLY got around to making this after having it tagged in my inbox for two months. Huge hit in our house! This weekend I plan to try the Sunday Spaghetti Sauce you posted some time ago. You had me at cream cheese on that one. I'll be sure to report back!
ReplyDeleteI really like to take Pioneer Woman's chicken spaghetti anytime I need to do a casserole-ish dish. I haven't met anyone who doesn't love it, and it freezes well.
happy weekend!