10/12/10

Pieces Of Fun {including cupcakes}

I consider myself a reasonably grateful person...maybe even extra grateful: for grace and the good in my life.
Here are a few pieces of fun I have been thinking about.

Only ten days until I spend a long weekend with my college roomies who are spread throughout the country.
{That means you won't have to look at this picture of the 4 of us anymore!}

Obviously, I'm trying to figure out what in the heck I will wear.  
I caved to these:

and these:

After talking to Emily {above, far left} we realized we had both given in to this trend.  
Not surprising--our minds often think alike.

What finally pushed me over the edge?  This post from Colour Me Happy:


I may have gotten each of the girls something from this page of Lonny Magazine.  Fun.

Another piece of fun is that I'm hosting a Stella & Dot party in early November.  
You wish you were coming just so you could eat these
Mmm...Thanks to Joy's Hope via Jenny

This kid is getting a passport.  More fun.

He is taking a little trip here in December with his family.

Thinking about the fun doesn't mean life is all unicorns and roses, but life is too short to focus on the negative.

What piece of fun can you share today?

8 comments:

  1. There is NOTHING like a GIRLS trip!!!!!!! I know you must be counting the minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been too long since I've looked at your blog! Your recent posts are great! And, can I just say that salted caramel ANYTHING is straight from heaven! Thanks for the compliments on my dining room- our house is a work in progress! The built ins are what sold me on the house (along with a stained glass window in our kitchen), but I joke that our house can get robbed as long as they leave my dog and chandelier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to share people's fun!

    We just had a friend to stay which was just wonderful, our first guest since we moved country. Always sad to say goodbye but have more lined up so it's all good.

    There, fun shared!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girls getaway is always fun!! What is also fun is that I, too, am hosting my first Stella and Dot party in November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby, I'm sitting here hungry for sweets and I see those cupcakes! Very unfair -- they look to die for. Did you ever look at the picture of you and your friends and notice you all look sorta alike? Have a great time on all fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So. Jealous. You are going to have so much fun! Okay, my piece of fun (and I need some around here. It is 4 freaking 40 and Wyatt is up for the day)...I'm going antiquing today with Ally from From the Right Bank. Fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is all so fun! Isn't it funny how we get dressed up to see our girlfriends? I think I definitely spend more time primping for my ladies than my man! I am enjoying Bittersweet very much. I'm about half way through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails