10/9/10

The Winner of ArtPrize, Plus A Little Pretty

Grand Rapids ArtPrize is one of the most amazing events for artist to showcase their work from around the world.  I spoke about ArtPrize here, and now I would like to introduce you to the winner, Chris LaPorte.  He created a spectacular piece, 8 feet by 4.4 feet, entirely drawn with pencil.
Cavalry, American Officers, 1921

I am overwhelmed by all the talent in the world.
One more shot for a close-up:
After 465,538 votes were placed, Chris LaPorte will walk away from ArtPrize 2010 with the $250,000 prize.

Finally, I could not close this post without sharing this space with you.
Here is a beautiful room to start your day.  How dreamy to have a sofa in your dinning room!
Traditional Home

If you enjoyed this post you can follow my blog, or become a fan on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible artist! I can't imagine having such talent. I have moments when I think I can draw and get all excited, and when I actually sit down to draw something it resembles something like a stick figure.

    Ah well at least there are wonderful artists out there I can appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart, how beautiful it is to see that parents take time out of their busy lives to spend time at the pumpkin patch with their kids. Creating memories is so important. Sometimes it is all we have left to draw upon. Thank you for sharing.
    Maryann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails