11/18/10

Friday Favorites

Welcome to Friday Favorites.  I just might enjoy Thanksgiving even more than Christmas.  Hmm...tough call.  I hope you are busy gearing up for a great turkey day next week.  Here are some good reads for your weekend.


If you make one thing this Thanksgiving, make these AMAZING, RIDICULOUS, FOOD-COMA INDUCING mashed potatoes.  Yes, there are two sticks of butter involved, and 8 oz. of cream cheese, but Thanksgiving is only once a year!  Live it up!  I made them last year and the best part is that you can put it together the day before and just pop it in the oven for dinner. If I'm feeling really confident this year I'm going to try to make giblet gravy.

Worried about family dynamics this season?  Add a little more joy to your family's holiday here.


When I saw these Peanut Butter Cup Smore's I could only imagine Jack's excitement if we actually made them.  I think I might try them on Christmas Eve.  Thanks, Val!


Advent is coming quickly.  Do you have any Advent traditions?  I am thinking of Kara Fleck's simple list of ideas that "shifts the focus from things to experiences".  Click here to see her slew of ideas!

If you have young children this is a must read.  It's very informational but I found it fascinating.  You might want to read this one first.  Do you know what is developmentally appropriate for your child???

This is the best Friday Favorite. Wish we could share a coffee together!

What's your Friday Favorite?
 Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Those peanut butter cup s'mores look fabulous. Definitely will have to surprise my Ryan with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are the best. I can't wait until you make them. Have a fabulous weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails