11/15/10

Who Wants Chili? and a few other things

Happy Monday!  Did you enjoy your weekend?  Ours was very full and nothing seems to be calming down.  Yesterday was an especially great day.  We had brunch with the Jeffersons:  Angie was my neighbor growing-up and is basically a sister to me.  Here are our boys ready to go "hunting" in their back yard.

Holden had some quality time with Angie's mom.  He wore his camo for the occasion.

When we came home I felt like chili!  I'm no Pioneer Woman but when I try a new recipe that is simple and delicious I must share.  This chili is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks, a staple cookbook in my home.  I searched for the recipe on her site but when I couldn't find it I decided to share my version of her simple chili.


What you'll need:
2lbs. of ground beef 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cans of tomato sauce
1t. ground oregano
1T. ground cumin
1/4t. cayenne pepper
2T. chili powder
1t. salt
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn with peppers

What to do:
--brown the ground beef, with the garlic and green pepper
--drain off the fat
--add tomato sauce, spices, and salt
--stir together and cover on low for 1 hour
--add the rest of your ingredients: beans, corn, tomato

Serve with cheese, fritos, sour cream, cilantro, chopped onion.

Holden was a big distraction helper.  ;-)  But that's what I liked about this recipe.  Not only does it taste great but it was simple enough to keep an eye on the bambino.

Changing gears--the hollywood housewife has a great post today reflecting on her first year of motherhood.
Click here to give it a read.

Do you have a favorite chili recipe?
I'd love to hear your tips!

3 comments:

  1. What adorable pics! The recipe sounds delicious too!

    E+J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! So glad you had such a great weekend....and time with Angie and Polly....how could you not?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE chilli at this time of year. I make it in the slow cooker for ease. Here's my version:
    http://slowcookedinblighty.blogspot.com/2010/08/good-basic-slow-cooker-chilli-recipe.html
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails