Here's the latest picture of Jack. One of Jay's friends was moving to chicago and this was taken at his going away party. Jack left Jay to go mingle with tables of ladies! He's not shy when it comes to the girls.Thank you to everyone who gave feedback/ideas for Jack. I think we're learning that the main culprit to his tantrums is sleep...or lack of rest! Because he's getting older, we had begun to think that maybe he didn't need as much sleep, but that's just not the case. I think having me home every day will really help with consistency and sleeping.
It's official, I spoke to my boss Monday morning and gave her my 2 weeks notice. She was first shocked that I was pregnant, and then shocked again that I was leaving. She really appreciated that I gave my notice now, instead of waiting till the baby was born. I've told most of my volunteers, and all of the moms have either said that they stayed home when their kids were little, and it was the best thing they ever did. Or, they said how they wished they would have stayed home. We're taking a risk as a family, with the banking industry looking the way it does, but I'm praying that God will continue to provide for us. This thursday is my last day and Jack is counting down the days!

I had my first Dr. appointment this past Wednesday, and everything looks good so far. She said I feel 8 weeks, which is right on target for my due date. No weight gain yet, but my belly looks about 4 months pregnant. You can sort of tell from this picture up north, but even this was taken a couple weeks ago.
He's doing great at "school" now. His teacher said that Jack really prefers to play with the older kids and he tells them he's five. They are ten. :-)
Funny quotes from this week.
___________________________________________________________________
Me praying at bedtime: "Thank you Jesus for our whole family: mommy, daddy, Jack, and the baby."
Jack:"And please help the baby to be ticklish! Mom, when the baby comes out of your belly, I'm going to tickle him."
____________________________________________________________________
Jack: "Dad, remeber when Aaron Plafkin used to live there?"
Jay: "Yes, do you remember coming to this restaurant with him"
Jack: "Yeah, to pick up chicks."
Laura, AJ's finace: "Did you pick up chicks?"
Jack: "You betcha baby!!"
____________________________________________________________________


No comments:
Post a Comment