
Thank you for loving on our family during this difficult month. We appreciated the voice mails, cards, and emails that you sent, and we felt very supported. I especially would like to thank my mom, for flying over from Chicago at the last minute to stay with Jack while I was in the hospital. Marta helped with Jack until my mom arrived, and also brought over some amazing blueberry muffins that night. Thank you! Kristen and Aaron's numerous offers of practical were wonderful. Thank you for reminding us we're not alone.
I wish I could say that this was just a "season of our life," but I think what's bothering me most is that this experience will never just "pass." This baby will always be with me in my mind and heart. It's not like you just lose a baby, and then it's over--which is what it feels like this experience should be...over soon. I admit that I'm not in a constant state of despair, or crying every day, but the sadness will just hit in the most random moments. I really felt like this baby was a girl, and for some reason when we were in harbor springs last weekend I got teary just looking at an adorable baby girl outfit. Jack has told people on two separate occasions that he's going to be a big brother. Hopefully.
I had my follow up doctor's appointment today and she said everything should be fine. Now it's just a waiting game to see if my body decides to go back to normal. Speaking of normal, I've gained 4 pounds since I lost the baby. Shouldn't it be the other way around?!
I'm really enjoying being home with Jack. You'll see from his quotes that he likes it too. It feels too good to be true, and I get nervous it will not last. We've been able to do so many fun activities: GR Children's Museum, Marta's pool, Bouncy Land with the Jeffersons, and trips up north. My latest hobby is really knowing what's on sale at the grocery stores, and who has the best deals! Today I was able to get a huge car load of food for 67.00. Thanks to http://www.mommysavers.com/ I'm learning the tricks of the trade. Also, if you every shop at Meijer, they have a great online tool to help you with your shopping and saving. http://www.mealbox.meijer.com/
*Jack Quotes*
- I'm so glad you stay home with me and I don't have to go to school.
- When it's my birthday I do not want a massage. I want a rocket ship!
- Dad, you're my best wrestler/snuggler. You're my best friend.
- Abby, "What are you doing Jack?" Jack, "I'm working. I have to work for the house, the car, the food, and the groceries." ;-)


PRAISE THE LORD....Abby...I got sentimental and emotional reading about this...today. Knowing Baby Handsome is there in your house with you. The child God had an earthly plan for....has an angelic sister in heaven watching over him. Amazing. God.
ReplyDelete