9/15/08







We have had a busy couple weeks, but it's raining outside, and jack is just relaxing, so I think it's time for an update. Jack changes so quickly that it's can be a challenge to keep up!

Jack and I had a chance to go visit my mom and Morris in Chicago for three days. It was wonderful, and Jack's still talking about it! Everything about their life is different from ours so there was a lot for him to see. We took the "city bus" to the museum of science and industry, the shed aquarium (pictured above), and to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I think to museum was his favorite. They have a section called The Big Idea that is just for kids, and he really enjoyed turning the gears to make the shapes go up. My mom took me to see Wicked for the first time, and it was spectacular. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it. Thanks mom! We also enjoyed tons of Garrett's popcorn--the cheese carmel mix is the best by far. We took to the train from GR to Chicago, and that was very exciting for the little man. He loved "going backwards" on the way home.


Jack's in the very independent 3's...and everyday I have to remind myself that it's my job to just be consistent and not allow him to rule the house. :-) We're actually having a great time together--God is really teaching me patience. I think I hear "You're not the boss" about 25 times a day. Right now, he's very into asking us about what we did when we were little. "Mom, when you were a little girl, did your mom let you vacuum by yourself? Did you ever have the chicken pox? Did you read books with your mommy before bed?" He also tells us what he's going to do with his kids when he's a daddy--like let them stay up and not go to bed, etc.. I think my favorite moments are still at bedtime, when he puts his little arm around my neck and pulls me in for a hug. He is so sweet and loving, which makes up for him wanting to be the "boss" all the time.
We've started going to the MSU football games, and Jack had a great time with Davis Infante, wrestling in the stands, and shouting "GO GREEN, GO WHITE!" I'm so glad they are buddies. Jay and Nick Infante grew up next door to each other, and it's nice that their boys can be friends as well. I just wish we lived in the same town so we could see them more often.

On friday I turned 29 years old. Yep, one year closer to 30. I got some great gifts...going to Wicked, a Lill purse, dinner at the Chop House, and some money for home improvements. We decided that since I'm staying home with Jack, we probably won't move till we need a school district...so let's make the changes we need now instead of when we try to sell it. The painter was just finishing our windows & ceiling on friday, so Jack and I spent the majority of the afternoon cleaning from the painter. Unlike all of you responsible and thorough cleaners out there, I do not move our couches every time I vacuum. A few months ago we had a mouse in our house. Gross. Friday, when I did move one of our couches to vacuum behind it, there was mouse poop. AAAGH! GROSS! So I vacuum it up, go to wash my hands, and Jack says, "Mom, look what I did!" He had emptied the vacuum into the bathroom garbage, which is wicker, and mouse poop was all over our tile floor. So I had to vacuum it up again. GROSS! There's nothing like mouse poop on your birthday. :-) Thank you for all the birthday wishes.

1 comment:

  1. ABBY -- it's 7/21/10. Re-read this post. It brought a smile to my heart. I remember reading this for the first time.

    The "boss" comments and the waiting to move "till we need a school district" snippet touched my heart and brought me (and hopefully you) a smidge of peace knowing that almost two years ago, you were blogging about something that affects your life -- again. :o)

    Isn't this what blogging is all about? Chronicling your life for your future children/grandchildren? I LOVE that you have this to reminisce with. Maybe I'll start my own blog? Better late than never?? Hmmm....

    Peace and hugs and love to all the Mancheskys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails