is four years old. He's been waiting to be four for a year now! He thinks five is the ultimate age, but he'll settle with being four. "Mom, I'm so tired of being three. I just want to be big like everyone else."We are proud of the little boy he's become. He's come a long way in the past few months. I will be bragging with abandon on this post, because I figure if you are reading this, you probably already love him as much as we do. :-) I think we are way past the tantrum/fit stage...thank you God. He still wants to be the boss and have things go his way, but I think he's become more laid back in his old age. I think Jay would agree with me that one of Jack's best qualities is his sense of humor and comedic timing. Here are some very recent quotes from just the past few days.
*At his four year Dr. appointment, she asked him if he helps pick up around the house. He told her that he takes his plate into the kitchen, but that daddy doesn't because "he's a teeny tiny baby." (read in a high sing song voice) We were all cracking up.
*Someone in our family said the word idiot the other day, and Jack quickly said, "Adults don't say that. Act like an adult and don't use those words!"
*Out of the blue, Jack tells us "Life insurance is great. You gotta have life insurance."
* Mom, Rock it Out! This is awesome! Let's do this! That's how I roll!--these are all of Jack's favorite catch phrases of the moment.
*This morning at breakfast--"I'm having a great day. And I have a great Jesus."
*While playing his Wii, he said to my beautiful cousin Toni, "You look pretty Toni. I like your shirt." HA!
*If you ask him, he has five girlfriends. Unfortunately for him, they are all over 18...so I don't see a future.
*He knows his numbers, shapes, and letters, and is sounding out words now. We're really working on the whole reading scene. He got a pre-school workbook for Christmas and did the whole thing the first day. Now if I can just get him to write, we'll be all set!
*Jack loves his mommy and tells me I'm beautiful on a daily basis. "Mommy, I just love you too much, there's not any more room!"
*He can't wait for his daddy to come home to play "tackle catch" with the football, (which mostly consists of wrestling) and video games on the wii.
Jack is growing into a very caring-excited about everything to the max-kid. I thank Jesus for a healthy four year old who loves God and his family. We are blessed.


No comments:
Post a Comment