3/18/09


This morning Jack was in rare form, and making Jay and I roll our eyes at each other and laugh out loud. I was reminded that I have not kept up on my Jack quotes! Here are a few I can remember from the last couple months.
Florida Quotes
  • I could marry gma dolly.
  • As we were driving to Jay's Grandparents house, Jack said, "I sure miss gma dolly."
  • Gma Eileen, you're so strong.
  • Jay took Jack for a walk to get some "floaties" for the pool, and some swim goggles. My mom was acting amazed by the new apparel for Jack's sake, and he said, "yeah, we got the whole nine yards." We have no idea where he got that!
  • Have you ever looked at a Florida highway sign? it has a picture of the state of florida on the sign. When Jack saw it, he said, "Guns are acceptable on the road." He thought Florida looked like a gun. :-)
  • I only like to do one thing. Eat! (he takes after his mother)

Jack and I take care of baby Maverick two days a week, and it has been great for both of the boys. Mav loves to watch Jack be busy, and Jack has been very loving towards him.

March
At the dinner table, Jack asked me if I loved Maverick. Thinking this was a test, I said that I did love Maverick but not as much as I loved him. He said, "Mooooom, you have to love Maverick otherwise he will be sad! He's our sweetie!" Jack has also asked to move closer to Maverick's house so that he can walk there. My friend Corrie dropped off her daughter, June, who is 4 months old. I asked Jack if was going to come say hello to baby June and he said, "No, I only talk to Maverick."

Jack did not approve of the jammie shirt I had picked for that night, but there were numerous reason why I needed him to wear it, so I had not given him a choice. Then during prayers that night, suddenly Jack started praying. (typically, he wants me to do it after he tells me what he's thankful for.) He closed his eyes and said, "Please God, help me to get this shirt off because it's not a jammie shirt and I don't want to wear it. Please help mommie to learn how to behave!" I could not hold in my laughter.

This was an interaction between Owen and Jack in Emily's mini-van, after an especially rough day for Owen. It's hard to believe Emily and I have boys who are carrying on conversations with one another. As you can see, Jack loves to enforce rules, but doesn't want to actually follow them himself. :-)

Jack: Owen, how come you're having a bad day?

Owen: Because I was naughty

Jack: Why were you naughty?

Owen: Because I didn't listen to my mommy.

Jack: You have to listen to your mommy or you can't watch your shows in the van.

5 comments:

  1. His prayers are the best there are. I want to follow the religion of Jack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! I do not suppose I have read a single thing like
    that before. So good to discover another person with
    unique thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up.
    This site is something that is needed on the web,
    someone with some originality!

    My page noticias primero

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on your blog.
    Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hello there, You have performed a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this website.

    Here is my web page Home Business Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it's time to be happy. I've read
    this post and if I could I wish to counsel you few interesting things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you can write next articles regarding this article.

    I wish to learn more things about it!

    Feel free to visit my page :: juegos para pc

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which is useful in support of my knowledge. thanks admin

    my web blog; http://petiteteens.net (www.gargantax.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails