
I haven't felt much like blogging lately, but I can't let this week go by without acknowledging Father's Day. Jack had spent the night at his Grammy Shirl's house Saturday, so we were able to SLEEP IN on Sunday. Miracle. We drove out to Spring Lake to have lunch with Jay's mom and her husband Phil. Also, Jay's grandparents were there. They are back in town for the summer, and we're so glad to have a few moments with them while we can. Here is a picture of Jack with a few of his favorite people! We spent the whole day watching Jay and Jack play sports in Shirley's front yard. Jack didn't care that it was 90 degrees outside, they went from soccer, to golf, to baseball, and back to soccer.
Jack is still VERY into his daddy, and I think it's going to stay this way. He has been asking me consistently to go back to work so his "best friend daddy" can stay home with him. It hurts a teeny bit, but I knew this day would come, and I'm glad they have a close relationship. Neither of us are perfect parents, but Jay does a great job with Jack, and for that I'm thankful!


No comments:
Post a Comment