11/12/09

Sneak Attack

When Jack was about 2 1/2 years old I thought I better get some family rules on paper. You've seen Supernanny, and it always works for her! Please excuse my lack of artistic talent with this document. I didn't realize, at the time, that this paper would remain on our refrigerator for two more years! Take a look.

Since it is quite the tattered piece of paper, I'll write them out for you.
1) Say nice words.
2) Go to be on time without getting up.
3) Sit nicely at the table for meals.
4) Listen to directions.
5) When we're mad, take a seat and count to five.

Well, last night Jack and I made brownies, and being a foodie like his mother, Jack looooves brownies. This morning, he kept trying to sneak one. I told him he could have one after lunch, and that he could not sneak ANY brownies. Jack saw this as an opportunity. He pulled the rules paper off the fridge, and said he was going to write a mommy rule. Here is the picture of his finished product.
Would you like me to translate? You have to read it from right to left--and then all around. :-) It says, "Mom, no brownies sneaking". He really showed me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a smart little boy :) And, so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your idea of 'House Rules'... this might be something happening in the Slab house very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails