4/9/10

Friday Favorites


(image from the Food Network)

This Lemon Fusilli with Arugula is absolutely my favorite recipe for Spring.  It's a very light feeling dish, and when you combine the lemon and garlic with the fresh produce--it's like a spring explosion.  I could make it once a week, except it calls for 2 Cups of heavy cream, which is probably not the best idea.  The downside of making this is all the dishes it creates.  In an effort to cut back on that, I started buying a bag of broccoli florets that can be steamed in the microwave.  Also, after I drain the pasta, I never put it in a different bowl.  I use my dutch oven to boil the water, cook the pasta, and then combine all the ingredients.  After the pasta is drained, I put the arugula (or spinach) in the dutch oven, pour the hot pasta on top, and then finish off the recipe. 
My husband eats out all the time "for work", and it's usually at a fabulous restaurant.  After eating this, he said he usually does not get food this good at lunch.  You must try it!


This is a blog post of "mommy moments" that is quite funny. I saw the link on SortaCrunchy and couldn't help but pass it on.  I haven't done them all, but I have absolutely gone to the bathroom with Holden sleeping in the baby carrier. It's amazing what you will do to keep a baby sleeping.



As I attempt to put on my pre-Holden jeans every day, and then proceed to put them right back in the drawer, I found this article regarding the "7 stages of my new butt", from Parents Magazine very comforting.  :-)  Anyone who has ever had a baby, or just gained a few pounds will appreciate this one.
 

When we had Jack five years ago, a friend highly encouraged us to get a video monitor, and in my head I thought, "What a waste.  Why would we ever need that?"  You need it.  When I was pregnant with Holden, I used some money from a gift to buy this day and night monitor.  Now, I don't ever want to be without it.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Abby. I'm going to try this. Oh, and I read your blog, too!

    :-)
    - Cindy Droog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pasta sounds great - we will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're going to try this! Let me know what you think. I really do like arugula better than spinach, but it can work either way. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think that its (or I'm) weird for experiencing some of those "mommy moments" with my dogs?? I lay really still in the morning not to wake the dogs up (who are, by the way, taking up 3/4 of the bed) and I can't remember the last time I went to the bathroom by myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading your blog Abby. And I love my video monitor. My friend had one years ago and I always said if I had kids, it was number 1 on my list! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails