4/16/10

Well Hello, Dolly

If you have met my Grandma Dolly you already know how wonderful she is.  Everyone that meets her, loves her.  She is an amazing woman, that I can only dream to be like.  She is 91, and has already lost her two youngest children. She lost her mother when she was a young girl, and her dad had her live with relatives. Despite all of the her hardships, she is the most gracious, sweet, caring woman.  (Next to my own mother, of course.)  So when she asked me to join her for a "Best Friends Luncheon" at Independence Village, where she lives, I could not say no. 
One of the elderly ladies at our table saw the birth announcement my Grandma had in her purse.  When she read his name she said, "I see you have on here 'Holden'.  Do you call him that?"  Yes, we call him that.  I'm still not used to shock-n-awe regarding his name.

My aunt and uncle took both of the boys so I could join Grandma D. for lunch.
 
Holden gave her a run for her money.  I think he screamed for about 40 minutes straight, but when I arrived at their house, he was sleeping like an angel. I'm fairly certain my aunt needed a glass of my uncle's wine when we left! ;-)
My uncle was wonderful to Jack.  (Not a huge surprise, because they are both wonderful to everyone...and on top of that, they don't age!)  They have acres of land behind the house, and he let Jack drive the riding lawnmower, and they played cards on the deck. 

Bottom line: my Grandma is awesome, and I hope there are many more luncheons to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Abby! I'm so enjoying reading your blog. My youngest (6 months) has a name that people regularly ask "do you call her that?" or "What do you call her?" Such an odd presumption.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails