Remember the "before" version of these basement shelves? Let me just say, I learned so much while doing this!
I broke the shelves down by levels. The top shelves have kitchen appliances (I got rid of TWO George Foreman grills), extra glasses, and Grandma's china. The next shelf has all or our seasonal/Christmas stuff. Finally, I put the toys on the bottom two shelves, so that they could be easily reached.
One tip I learned, that I will take with me into my next project, is to take things out of their original containers, and put them in clear storage. Jack's Tinker-Toys took up so much space, but when I dumped then in the appropriately sized container, I doubled my storage!
It's good to take a picture of your room occasionally, because now it's obvious that I need to move that printer and paper shredder before we list our house!
Now I can breathe again. What is your best organizational tip?





Great job Abby!! My rooms in my house are just about the same colors as yours!! Anyways.....my favorite idea is like you did, put things in clear containers.....sooo much more practical.
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing! I can't believe you had TWO George Foreman grills... funny! House looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I know, I can't believe we had those either. One G.F. grill was Jay's from before we were married, and the other was a G.F. Grillerator that we got a few Christmases ago. Ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteYou must never sleep, Abby. You have to be one of the most organized people I know. Does your day contain more than the usual 24 hours? I really can't fathom how you fit everything in. I think you should teach classes for the rest of us slackers. Keep up the good work, but don't burn out. Love you, Carol
ReplyDelete