5/13/10

Friday Favorites

(Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items,and general stuff I love from the week.)

Are you ready to be blown away?  If you are a chocolate lover, or a chocolate liker, you should brace yourself!  Here goes.


Or maybe this one will wet  your whistle.



Are you drooling on your keyboard yet?  This is Granny's Chocolate Cobbler from Tasty Kitchen.  They give you step-by-step photos with great details, so you can be sure your version will be as wonderful as theirs. 

Remember how excited I am to start having friends over for a B.B.Q.?  I can't stop thinking about these customizable melamine plates


I know, we all have better things to spend our money on than melamine plates, but they are very reasonable, and I think they would make a wonderful gift.  They even have personalized placemats, platters, and acrylic serveware.















If you liked younghouselove, you will also like the amazing remodel of the lovely Bower home.  (I would show you a picture, but I need their permission, so just click on the link!)  Seeing their before-and-after pictures has inspired me to consider staying in our current house long-term.

But that is another post entirely. 

I discovered a new blog this week: ground swell, by Sarah and Steve Carter.  They have begun the adventure of adopting a child from Ghana, and they are inviting us into their journey.  Sarah is an incredibly talented artist, and she has created these amazing cards out of her original art, to raise funds towards their adoption.  I can not stop thinking of this quote from her blog. 

We've been moved to action by the thought that if 7% of Christians adopted one child, there would be no orphans in the world. What it makes us ask is this: What does that imply for the 93% of the church that isn't necessarily "called" to adopt? Because we know the heart of God is for the orphan, and therefore the heart of the church ought to be. What would it look like for the 93% to come along side of and support, encourage, give, and rally the 7% who are actually bringing the children home?


                                             Simply.  Can't.  Get.  It.  Out.  Of.  My.  Head.

The best post I have read this week is from Hollywood Housewife, whom I loveIt's titled "i have forgotten how to pray", and it's worth your time.


Here's a quote:

I haven't forgotten the lingo. If asked to pray in a public setting, I could do so eloquently. But I don't remember how to sit in a moment of stillness and address my God.





(image from flickr via Hollywood Housewife)

2 comments:

  1. So many things!!!! The Bower home - holy cow! I mean, I would totally take all their "befores" but their afters are breath-taking!! The Carter family story will now stik in my head, I am sure of it. HH is wonderful and her post from today is just awesome. I love this Friday post! Hugs to you, Abs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. and the chandelier in the "Guest Bedroom - After" picture is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails