5/6/10

Remembering Moms

So many friends and family have lost their mom in the last two years.  It doesn't seem like we're old enough for this, but it is the reality.  Please know that I am thinking of you both, and your moms this week.  They are dearly missed.  I thought this poem could say my thoughts much better than I.  Yes, I've run the risk of posting the cheesiest blog of the day, but that's fine with me.

The author is anonymous.

In tears we saw you sinking
and watched you pass away.
Our hearts were almost broken
we wanted you to stay.
But when we saw you sleeping
so peaceful from the pain
How could we wish you back with us
to suffer that again.
It broke our hearts to lose you
But you did not go alone.
For part of us went with you
the day God took you home.

If Roses grow in heaven
Lord please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for awhile.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day.
But there's an ache within my heart that will never go away.

Don't think of her as gone away
her journey's just begun.
Life holds so many facets
this earth is only one.
Just think of her as resting
from the sorrow and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.
Think how she must be wishing
that we could know, today
Now nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away.
And think of her as living
In the hearts of those she touched.
For nothing loved is ever lost
And she is loved so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails