early morning water check
Holden and I are the only people awake. Jack has been staying up late every night, having smore's at the fire, and just hanging out with family. When he wakes-up his job will be to vacuum the floors from all the sand he brought in yesterday. (He loves doing that.) Holden has been such a trooper. He just goes with the flow, and for that I am grateful!! One stubborn child is enough in these circumstances. Well, one stubborn child is enough in any circumstance.
Thank you very much for all of your condolences and kind words. This week may be light on content, as I am debating how much to tell, how honest to be. There will be no funeral, so there are no arrangements to be made. Sometime in the future, probably the fall, we will have a small memorial service with just family, and spread my Grandma Cross's ashes either in Lake Huron (pictured above) or the river in AuGres where she raised her family. My Main Man arrives late Wednesday night. Can't wait. The boys are ready for their dad to get here, and I am too.


I love you Abby, and have since before you were even born (I remember your mom pregnant with you and my mom pregnant with Corianne at the same time.....the excitement was killing me....way more than our moms I think...ha ha)! The kinship/connection our family has had with yours has been strong for more than 50 years.....I felt sad that time had gone by for so long and were just living our lives.....but now, thankfully for Facebook.....I was able to reconnect with you....It felt like finding my long lost sister....I have SO MANY memories of you ALL.....Grandparents treating me like theirs, aunts treaing me like their niece, and just having SO MUCH fun playing with you.....I have a ton of memories, I don't know if you can recount as much, being that I am a few years older, but they are great great childhood feelings!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I know this may seem off topic, but I just wanted you to know exactly, in what few words I could come up with this second, how much I truly love and adore your family....just like my own family, I KNOW yours in not perfect, but when I go back to those childhood feelings, sights and smells....it sure was to me! I love you and I hope that you find strength to allow yourself to just BE. Feel what you want or need to feel right now, and do not make yourself think or feel any certain way....you deserve that....simple honesty to yourself!