Father's Day came early at our house. So when the real day actually arrived, I did not have a big story to tell. Plus, we were up north on the boat, so pictures said more than words. However, I wanted to share with you what Jack made for his Grandpa Jim. Basically, I just let him talk, and then I wrote down what he said. I think the whole thing is very sweet and shows just how Jack thinks. Enjoy this change of pace in my posts...a nice break from the heaviness of the last few days.
Dear Grandpa-
Happy Father's Day. I want to buy you a police boat when I am 36, and we can turn our sirens on whenever we want. Then we can sneak outside in the middle of the night and we can go speeding whenever we want. I'm going to be a scientist and work in my lab, and I'm going to bring my invention made out of fish skin and turn stuff invisible. And if I am good for 10 days I get to drive the boat.
I love my Grandpa Jim because...
He lets me stay up past bed time. He's going to show me how to turn on the boat, and I'm going to bring my toys and we can figure out this puzzle. After we are done with the police boat, we can get a police car, and a police motorcycle. I will buy you all of that, Grandpa, with my money.
Love,
Jack
a few more photos from our time up north








My heart just melted!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jen. My heart belongs to the innocence of Jack. And, my tears belong to the lucki-ness of you. xoxo
ReplyDelete