Jack's strong suit is math. But when he starts school in the fall, I want him to be able to write his full name with confidence. I found the idea for a "name book" on Teach Mama. She bought a special notebook for all three of her children, and every day they write their name, with age appropriate expectations. Our goal is to not forget the tripod hold of the pen, and practice, practice, practice.
Jack knows how to write and spell his name. He does not need me to write it out first, but as you can see, the letters are usually all different sizes. Until he masters the size issue, I'll be giving him a sample of what his name looks like using the lines. When summer ends, I hope he is writing his name with certainty. What are you doing this summer to bridge the gap before school begins? Is this idea something you would try with your kids?




We do lots although I have 3 others along with my new kindergartner! Meg
ReplyDelete