Our mantle has looked like this for a long time. I change the contents of the urns with the seasons as I feel inspired, but for the most part, this is how it stays. I found the urns on clearance at Target for $3.00 a piece, and the shells are from Potterybarn.
I bought this print from TJ Maxx when we were first married, and it was a simple $60. I've been looking at it ever since. At the time, I wanted to be very French Country, but my style has changed. Although I'm a firm believer in the design mantra of "buy what you love and you'll always have a place for it", after almost eight years, I am ready to move it out of our main living area.
During the last week, I inherited a few new pieces of housewares, including this photograph my grandma took of the white lilies in her yard.
I think it might live on our mantle, but I'm not fully convinced. I do like that it pulls the green from our drapes around the room, and the wood tone looks like it was made to coordinate with the bricks of the fireplace.
It's a fresh look for us, and for now I think we'll keep it there. Eventually, I think it would be better suited for a dinning room, just not the one in this house.
What do you think? Which mantle is do you prefer? The print or the lily?
How have you incorporated inherited pieces into your home? What is on your mantle?!
**to see how this mantle evolved in the end, click here**




No comments:
Post a Comment