I was not sold on the new mantle arrangement, but I knew I wanted to keep this framed photo in our room. Here is where I left off.
Fine, O.K., but a bit predictable and not exactly right.
After a couple days of looking at the mantle and photo as pictured above, I realized I needed to rotate the picture, and actually hang it on the wall. Just because the framing store decided it should be hung horizontally, does not mean that was what's best for my space! I am a huge proponent of symmetry in a room, but this mantle was just too boring with the urns and candlesticks. I think this ceramic, white bird {from the clearance section at Micheal's for $2} was the extra pop that I needed.
Do you agree? Is this mantle much improved?
7/12/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it too!! Great job! And you are right, it doesn't HAVE to be hung any certain way at all =) And yes, that $2.00 bird was the icing!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the bird!
ReplyDeleteYes!! Great move!
ReplyDeletePerfect!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the bird there for so many reasons. First, I like the way the bird broke the symmetry, attracting attention to itself. Second, I just love the symbolism behind birds (freedom, flighing high) and I like the fact that it is white (peaceful) -- matches with the rest of the mantle. I, too, agree with the inversion of the frame -- what a difference it makes to just turn it around. I often complain that I'm the worst person for small details when it comes to decorating. Thanks for sharing these few tricks that really make a difference!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Thanks for all the comments. HH- Welcome! So glad you stopped by my blog.
ReplyDelete