My goal is to use what we have, and not throw so much food in the trash. Emily's Banana Coffee Cake does wonders for those two brown bananas you have sitting on the counter. It was a great recipe for Jack and I to make together, because he loves whisking the dry ingredients, and smashing the bananas.
Banana Coffee Cake
Beat until fluffy
1/2 C Shortening
1 C Sugar
Add to the mixture
2 eggs
3/4 C mashed banana
In a separate bowl combine:
1 1/4 C flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
Mix together and combine with the wet ingredients just until combined.
Bake in a 9" greased pan @ 350 for 30-35 minutes.
To view all the recipes from this blog, click on the FOOD page at the top left.
To view all the recipes from this blog, click on the FOOD page at the top left.




This is one of Joey's FAVORITE things!! I think he asks me to buy bananas just for this reason....so he can not eat them, let them get brown, then say..."Mom, I think we should make some banana bread/muffins/cake" =) In fact......maybe that's what I'll do right now.
ReplyDeleteSmart boy! Let me know how it turns out.
ReplyDelete