7/9/10

Friday Favorites

Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design items, and general stuff I love from the week.  Happy Friday everyone.  I can tell I am back home, because I have so much to share with you this week, so this post may be long. 


Molasses Ginger Cookies are typically for the fall, but in our family, and anyone else that has tried this recipe, they are best year round!  So here is my absolute favorite cookie recipe, in July.  This recipe is originally from Cooking Light, and I have only made one modification: less baking soda.  I like these cookies flat, not cakey.  I love the chewy texture, and flavor of the ginger and molasses together is fantastic!  Click HERE for the recipe.  Please let me know if you try them and what you think!



Remember when you would paint by numbers?  Jenny, at Little Green Notebook, had the brilliant idea of personalizing inexpensive wallpaper from Target.  Click HERE to see how it turns out.  Maybe there is a small space you could apply this to in your home.  Perhaps the inside of a dresser?  Or the backs of glass front cabinets?



Not only do I love getting a peek into other peoples homes, I get even more excited to see before and after pictures.  This week I discovered a blog with just that!  You will love the amazing transformations at RAENOVATE.

I often send you over to Pioneer Woman for her delicious recipes, but have you ever seen her photography? She held a photo contest over the 4th of July, and when I saw the finalist, I just had to share them with you.  The photo above is just a sample of the moving shots you will find HERE.
Holden is five months and, and no, I have not lost the baby weight.  I am seriously considering buying this scale, which has replaced numbers with words like hot, sexy, and ravishing!  They are out of the originally silver sparkly scale, but you can still see a "plush" version HERE.


My friend, Carol, recently told me about squeaky shoes for kids.  They were created to encourage early walkers to take their next steps, and for PARENTS to be able to hear where the toddler is at all times.  What is even better, is that you can remove the squeakers, if you need the shoes to be quiet.  You can find squeaky shoes HERE.


Earlier this week I wrote a post about local farmers, and considering a CSA membership.  Since then, I have found some wonderful related links and resources you must check out!  First, if you frequent a farmers market, take a moment to go and vote for them as "America's Favorite Farmers Markets".  Second, Jen K. introduced me to the road to veggiedise.  Em, the writer, created a blog to walk you through her CSA experience.  She breaks down the vegetables she receives each week, explains how she stores them, and shares her recipes.  I'm hooked!
  


While we are on the subject of healthy eating, one of my favorite blogs, LoveFeast Table wrote a post titled, getting kids to make healthy choices.  They provide some wonderful suggestions, and I love how they present the food.

I would love to hear from you. Which link was your favorite?  Have a fabulous weekend!  I leave you with an image of my favorite space from the week.

4 comments:

  1. Great links today Abby! My favorite has to be The Road to Veggiedise.....great ideas! I will be busy peeking through these links all day!!Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that last picture of the room!!! Wow - that is gorgeous - I want that in my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen. The road to veggiedise is quite inspiring.

    Jessica--I am in COMPLETE love with that room and navy wall color. I always think I want a light and airy home, but then I see this image and realize that I am always drawn to jewel tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you guys! ;) I had been wondering if I had readers, but now I know I do. Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails