Here is what you need:
- 1/2 tube Bob Evans Maple Sausage
- 1/2 tube Bob Evans Zesty Hot Sausage
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small pkg. of white mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 4 T. minced garlic
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
What to do:
- Brown sausage in a large sauté pan
- Once cooked, remove sausage and place in a bowl
- Heat olive oil in original pan, cook red pepper and mushrooms until tender
- Add minced garlic and cook until golden {do not let burn}
- Add tomatoes,tomato paste, and sausage
- Simmer and allow to thicken and reduce
- Add cream cheese until melted
- Toss in fresh baby spinach until wilted
This sauce has so much flavor, color, and just plain goodness. Do you have a special sauce your family enjoys? Add your link to the comments!
Enjoy!




Mmmmm...my husband would love this (given all the sausage)!! And, I noticed the cream cheese which probably makes this so creamy!! Yum! I'm going to have to try this!!
ReplyDeleteLooks good! I'll give it a try, Abby (I'm half-italian, so much of my cooking repertoire revolves around tomatoes ;) BTW - look forward to your design blog - x
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so yummy! My family is picky (Kevin and his kids) and they don't like veggie chunks so they will now only eat my special Kloppe family spaghetti sauce. While it is delish, I would love a little more vegetable in my life! Oh what we do for family!
ReplyDeleteIn my family, there IS shame in opening a jar of store bought tomato sauce...Part Italian, we are definitely expected to make our own, and really, it's not that hard or time consuming to make your own, so I feel guilty if I don't. I have a couple of versions...I'll have to create a post and link up. Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to try this one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect dinner for this rainy NC weather, and anything that has cream cheese...yum!!
ReplyDeleteI made this for our family and some friends over the weekend. Oh my GOODNESS. I'll never open a jar of sauce again. It was the best spaghetti sauce I've ever had, in large part because I love LOVE cream cheese, and that flavor just changed the whole experience.
ReplyDeleteGosh, Best Soup to Give Away, Sunday Spaghetti Sauce, and the Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes... I think I may check out some of your Thanksgiving recipes for our Christmas dinner, because so far everything has been fabulous!