I started this blog as a family blog to remember the fleeting days of my kiddos, and in the early days of Holden's life when I was stranded on the couch, this blog became more of a creative outlet and less about my boys. So I'm taking a moment to write about my babies. The pictures from this post are from our day at Michigan State yesterday. If you look very carefully you can see the stadium in the background!
We start our Spartans early...
{Jack and "Linky", the bank's mascot.}
Jack is finishing his first month of Kindergarten. He LOVES school. We pulled into the parking lot and he said, "I just love school days." When asked what he like about it he said, "Oh, the whole making friends thing...and eating." He adores his best buddy of the moment: Dara. After months of praying and agonizing over which school Jack would attend, this mama is very grateful that Jack has some wonderful friends from great families. Jack even has his first play date tomorrow. The highlight of school so far was when I received a call from Jack's teacher. I was so nervous when I saw her name on the phone, but she quickly told me that Jack was doing great in Kindergarten. He was "jumping right in and so fun to have in class." Phew! At home he is still giving me a run for my money and testing the boundaries. In true irony, he actually received an award certificate for following directions. Seriously? Too bad he's not so keen on that at home. Jack was telling me about their "daily five". He said "It's when we read for five minutes every day. It builds our stamina."
Jack is feisty, but he loves his baby brother with a passion. I am so happy that they are enjoying each other as brothers!
Holden is getting crazy big. He thinks he is five like his brother, but today he turns eight months old. WHAT!? He spends his days standing as much as possible, and walking along the furniture. Another favorite pastime is going to the places we don't want him to: the fireplace and the kitchen. He will speed crawl, stop, turn to pose and say "What's up now!!?" O.K., he doesn't actually talk, but he says that with his eyes. He is still the happiest baby I have ever met--smiling constantly and now combining his award winning smile with a serious head tilt. He even has his first tooth! If only his sleeping skills were up to par. Holden goes to bed around 7:00 p.m., but will still occasionally wake up in the night, or be up for the day at 5:00 a.m.. Jack was such a great sleeper that I'm actually embarrassed that Holden isn't sleeping through every night. The flip-side is that I'm much more relaxed/casual this time around; focused more on enjoying Holden and less focused on what I should be doing.
Last night Holden and I were alone in the house and both laying on the floor, facing each other and smiling. It was a moment I intentionally burned in my memory. I still can't believe he's here and perfect.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thank you so much for reading. I love my blogging connections!





Although I just saw the boys, I love reading about them, too!
ReplyDeleteYour family is BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh my gosh...
ReplyDeleteI love these posts. These are the ones that you will absolutely treasure later on in life. Your boys sound a lot like mine... although my baby is almost three... boooo... hoooo.
Keep 'em coming :D