Before
After spray-painting our chandelier white I added sea grass shades. Looking back, maybe I should have purchased a new chandelier, but I like the texture and look of the sea grass. The art to the left of the chandelier is actually a photograph of my families old barn that I inherited from my Grandma and framed. Now the generic Target art is gone, and I like having a piece with meaning.
After
{The lighting above distorts the room color a bit.}
Did you notice the drapes are different? I moved the blue sheers to our master bedroom and decided to keep the dinning room draperies the same as our living room. I doubled the panels (two on each side) because they are very inexpensive drapes from Target and the extra fabric helps them appear more custom.
{What do you think of painting this mirror white?}
I was gifted this table and mirror from a friend ages ago and chose to finally drag the mirror up from the basement. The nautical theme is not really my style, but until we move I'm using what we have. Here is the other lamp from my 2nd hand find. Remember my white bird from the mantle? After changing the chandelier and the drapes to white, I wanted to keep the white traveling around the room. So now she lives on top of my favorite cookbooks. Thank you, Ina!
I hope you like the lighter and brighter version of our dinning room!
What have you done lately to make your house a home?
New to my blog? Click here to see what I'm all about.

.jpg)





Looks great Abby! The lighter elements give the space a new life! Great job! I have so many unfinished projects (and no time to finish them). This weekend was spent trying to find the perfect fabric to make a skirted table.
ReplyDeleteAbby...LOVE the changes. The height of the mirror on the sideboard and the white elements really tie into the trim. The rush seats in your chairs and the seagrass shades are good together also. Way to pull it together!
ReplyDeleteLovely. Absolutely lovely. A bit more grown up but not too.
ReplyDeleteYour updates have really freshened the room. The taller mirror was a great call as well as the double panels. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteThe perfect example of how a few small purchases/changes can completely change the look of a room! And, done so easily, too!!
ReplyDeleteAbby, looks so good--I love it. You have an eye!! And that new lamp is the best.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about painting the mirror white...I think I vote "no" for what it's worth.
Hi Abby, love the new drapes. Very fresh with the green. I'm with Julie on keeping the mirror as is. I think the lamp and the bird balance the drapes well.
ReplyDelete