10/1/10

Friday Favorites

Welcome to Friday Favorites: my weekly list of favorite blog posts, design ideas, recipes, and general stuff from the week.

On a recent Target run, I snagged a CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain and now I am a huge fan.  It's basically a felt tip pen for your lips and last all day.  There is no gloss, but the long lasting sticks that provide a gloss usually leave my lips dry because the gloss wears off.  I may go back and try another color.  These are a must have for a woman on the go who doesn't have time to re-apply!  Target, $7.89

If you are the do-it-yourself type, you will love this post on how to make a roman blind in 20 pictures or less.


I am always drawn in by a large dresser in a dinning room.  Click here to see where she started and how beautiful her finished product looks in the room via Life in the Fun Lane.


You think your master looks less than best?  Visit Color Outside the Lines to see the Ah-mazing job Artie did of staging this ready-for-hoarders home.


One of the best posts I read this week was from adventures in babywearing titled Bedtime Stories.

I have been slightly obsessed with drapes  lately, and this post from Isabella and Max Rooms shows you exactly how to dress up any simple or generic panels you may have at home.


As a mom, I can find myself complaining about the ridiculous "difficulties" of parenting.  And there are tough moments, but I have two healthy boys, TWO, and I need to get myself together and focus more on what is going well instead of what is driving me to the edge.  This post from steady mom was a great reality check, had me in tears, and is a must read for this week.  

Turkey Tetrazzini is one of my Jay's favorite meals.  So when he had a big presentation this week I had this ready for him.  




  • Preheat oven to 375.

  • Boil spaghetti in salted water. Saute onion, mushrooms, and red pepper in the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for one minute. Add heavy cream and chicken broth and simmer till thick and bubbly,stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the Swiss cheese,chicken. Add spaghetti and pour into 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle top with Parmesan and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.

  • Remove the foil, and broil the top of the dish until the cheese topping is browned.

7 comments:

  1. *I had some formatting problems with blogger this morning--so sorry!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great link-full post and I am so thankful to be included! Thank you!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sounds good!!!! I might be giving that one a try :D Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lipstain. I just got some too! What color did you get? Also, random but Rite Aid has good sales on cosmetics - I actually got buy one get one on lipstain there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic list, as always! Have a great weekend, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the list and for the recipe! I just made a horribly fattening meal for a friend with a new baby...maybe I should post it.

    Glad you liked your list :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Abby, Thanks for the shout out, just found your blog via a comment on mine! All the best! Janell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails