9/3/10

Friday Favorites: Longest Edition Ever

Welcome to Friday Favorites: a series of posts to share my favorite recipe, blog, design ideas, and general stuff I love from the week.  The links are in bold.

I wish I had these Grow BABY modern onesies when Holden was born.  They are quite possibly the best baby shower gift! {Design Mom}


The Pioneer Woman shares another flavorful recipe in Butter Chicken, sent to me by Susannah.  She also introduced me to ridiculously yummy looking cupcakes, called Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes.  They are chocolate cakes, filled with Nutella, and topped with Ferrero Rocher  chocolate candy.  I KNOW!!!!!!!!  If you make these you must send me one.  Lick The Bowl Good is my favorite new food blog of the week.  Thanks, Susannah!



Another lunch is a blog dedicated to bento lunches.  I know, I know, we already have enough to do, but this could be fun!  {Design Mom}



This coat is from Wal-Mart. Seriously, it's 18.00!  I really like the collar.  Thanks to Amanda for the heads-up on this women's terry peacoat.


Would you like to learn how to build a gallery wall around your tv? {Emily Clark}



Amy butler designs makes wall art, and it is worth checking out!




The best blog posts I read this week are both from wide open spaces.  Read this one first, and this one second.  She does a spectacular job of taking you alongside her as they adopt their son.  She inspires and confirms my desire to adopt.


Did you know it is illegal to spank your children in Sweden?  Not Just Cute writes an interesting post on the topic.  Read it here.

Cynbolism is a new website that attempts to quantify the association between colors and words, making it simple for designers to choose the best colors for the desired emotional effect.  This is so interesting!  A must see that I found on AB HOME INTERIORS.


Maan kid's fashion via Design Mom.  What can I say?  There is a reason Design Mom was featured in Time magazine!


Remember when I wrote about Phoebe Howard?  Here, she offers a lesson in setting the table.  How divine is that nailhead trim above the moldings?


My favorite color blue was featured on House of Turquoise.  Our powder room is Wythe Blue, and I plan to use more of it when we move.


Young House Love featured one amazing 1K kitchen, and it really is an "amazing" transformation for the money!!  Above is the before picture!


Raenovate showed this example of a fireplace renovation.  I think it captured my eye, because so many homes in the school district we would like to move, have family rooms like this!  Yikes!  Click HERE to see the after shot!


The Road to Veggiedise is still cooking her way through her CSA membership.  This beet and goat cheese salad is the only way I can eat beets.  Give it a try!



This big stander, Holden, is my final Friday Favorite of the week!  Instead of getting stuck in the plank position, he pulled himself all the way up to a standing to say hi to me.  Yes, there are toys on the floor.  It is how we roll during play time!  Wishing you a great weekend full of football {SPARTANS!} and cook-outs.
Do you have a Friday Favorite?  Any special plans for the holiday weekend? 
New to my blog?  Click here.  Like my blog?  Subscribe here.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to Holden and thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you? I look forward to your Fridays posts!! Off to check out some of those goodies.

    Thanks again, sweetie. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see Friday Favorites!! And I have been trying to find just the right color to paint our new bedroom and found it on your post for House of Turquoise...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Friday Favorites too! And I can't wait until seeing my girls is my FAVORITE FRIDAY of the year! I love the cute onesies (perfect gift), and I also love the kitchen transformation. Just found out that Baltimore kindergarted is full day so I have a year to think about packing lunches and good containers. I think I am going to beadbord the bottom surround of our island and paint it a bold color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fabulous! *swoon* thanks for the mention. And I will not be traveling to Sweden any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rug from Emily Clark... I need to find and source that... see how much it is. It might look great in the new guest house. But the most impressive thing on Friday Favorites, IMO, is that 1K makeover - WOW! What a great job, and what a budget! Amazing! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link, Abby! And I am going to have to try those cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to roast beets by cutting them into little cubes and shaking in olive oil and salt and pepper, than baking until they are cooked, and even a bit dried and shriveled.

    But then, I heart beets. So it's hard for me to comprehend not being able to eat them every which way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly love every single thing on this post!!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amber--read through the comments on House Of Turquoise because they help explain wythe blue. I'm so glad you like it!

    Rachel--I'm happy you got so many ideas from this week's post!

    AB HOME--You're welcome! Your blog rocks.

    Kara--great post on the spanking. Let me know if you try those cupcakes!

    Jane--roasted beets are my favorite too. That's why I like the salad. :-)

    Thanks, Val! I'm thrilled you came back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you like what you seen on Design Mom! Thanks for the link love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails