You know fall has arrived in Michigan when the temp is 60 and the skies are overcast! This weekend I have more time to myself {which is relative, because I have Holden today, and then I'll be with my aunt tomorrow} than I have had in a while, so I'm taking the opportunity to do what I love: style my house and the homes of others. I found the huge, white, footed bowl above at Costco for 19.99. I love me some Costco! There are so many different ways to use it, and I'm happy with the deal I got. I also have the bug to change my mantle from this:
to something more appropriate for the season. Pine cones? Different candlesticks? Gourds? Who knows, maybe I'll fill the urns with candy corns.
Today I'm headed over to Kristen's house to make some final decisions on her Wine Room, and tackle her entryway. Here is a sneak peek of what she has now:
{taken with Kristen's phone}
She has started stripping the wallpaper, so we will choose a paint color, change the outdated light fixture, paint the trim, add some wall art, possibly a bench, and decide what to do with the stairway.
Tomorrow, I am driving across the state while Jay keeps both boys for the day. {woop! woop!} My aunt would like to change her carpet, buy a new couch, and new wall art. I'm excited to help her with the selections! Right now the carpet is teal, so it should be quite the transformation when we are done. Sadly, I have no before photos for you today, but I look forward to sharing what we do in a future post.
Sarah e-mailed me for some help with her windows. She has "hated the room because of the blinds" for too long and is ready for a change! Here is a sneak peek of where we are starting:
Stay tuned for the finished product! I love having so much to work on at once.
I warned you this post was a bit of everything, so if you are still reading, we're changing gears.
Do you remember this image from Sherry Hart Designs? It was part of my post on headboards.
I love Sherry's work, and she was so kind to send me this gift after I helped her with a small portion of her blog.
After playing around with where to put this delicate, glass tray, this is what I landed on:
Thank you, Sherry! It works perfectly in our bedroom to catch the jewelry of the day.
Is anyone still reading? If you are, get excited, because this week I have some very fun posts planned, including my first giveaway on Wednesday!
Finally, you know what I enjoy when I am not taking care of my boys;
I would love to hear what gives you life when you have a moment to yourself?
New to my blog? Click here.









Abby, fun post! I have taken to crochet and sewing and do it whenever I get the chance. I love that both these things are relaxing AND I have a finished product that I created.
ReplyDeleteLove the glass tray usage. It's perfect!
ReplyDelete"What gives you life" - that's such a neat way to put it! I always think of these things as my passions, which is the same sort of idea, but I love that...so...
ReplyDeleteWhat gives me LIFE --- baking something beautiful AND delicious and getting to share it with others...sharing closely in the miracle of pregnancy with a dear friend...being the encouragement for someone in a way that "made the difference" in their day...mentoring younger women and helping them grow in their walk with the Lord. Those are a few of the things I love most!
Abby, I'm still reading and I love it!
ReplyDeleteI have the best readers! I just love reading your comments.
ReplyDeleteJessica--I would love to see what you've made. I feel the same way about cooking. It's relaxing AND I get a finished product.
Thanks, Kristen!
Jessica, I loved your answer! Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what "gives us life", and I'm glad you know what works for you.
Carol, I'm so glad you're still here. :-) I'm keeping-up on your blog as well. I'm sure you would have plenty of ideas for those windows!
Thanks Abby! I am so glad you found a good use for the glass tray. It looks so pretty with the pearls on it. I am at the beach with my sister,her daughter and an friend this weekend. I feel so at peace when I can sit on the sand and listen to the ocean. Since both my parents have passed away, being here reminds me of 20 years of family trips to Pawley's Island, SC. They were absolutely the BEST times of my life! Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteSherry
What give me life? God. And coffee.
ReplyDeleteYes, God--and his word. Sometimes I forget the obvious! :-)
ReplyDeleteAbby, Wait!! You're an early bird and you got to my pork chop recipe before I had a chance to change the 1/4 cup of wine to a 1/2 cup! Make sure to change that if you printed it. By the way, I'm adding you to my blog list today -- I totally enjoy your blog and your comments on mine. Oh, and if you do try the pork chops, let me know how the recipe is to follow. I am definitely not a recipe girl when I cook my own things, I just wing it, so I'd love to know if my instructions really work :).
ReplyDelete