This is what you are making this weekend. This is what you make again for Monday Night Football, the Super Bowl, AND Bunco night with the girls. Ina Garten's recipe for Pan Fried Onion Dip is ridiculously good. I never buy onion dip at the store, probably because we try not to keep chips in our house. But we recently went to a get together and I was asked to "bring a dip." I caramelized two large onions and was on my way. The men at the party took the dip from the designated "food table" and placed it directly in front of them so they would not have to continually get up for more. Four grown men ate two full bags of chips, and finished the dip. TRY IT! Odds are you already have all the ingredients in your house and it is cheap. Convinced yet?
I love all colors of green, but especially olive. I painted our first family room Great Barrington Green and loved it. This green bedroom belongs to none other than Jonathan Adler, and was featured on House of Turquoise. What do you think of the plates and what I'm calling the "double headboard"?
Do you have a fridge like this or know someone living in a dorm, cottage, or apartment? The after picture is just darling, and oh so whimsical that it would be perfect for the right space. Click HERE for the after shot via Design*Sponge.
Potty talk is a constant problem in our home and if you have young boys, it's probably a problem in your house as well. Click HERE to read how to put a stop to potty talk.
Hello dream bedroom.
I saw this on House of Turquoise, a blog that shows absolutely beautiful images every day. No really. EVERY day. This bedroom is from the portfolio of Summer Thorton Designs. You can see her portfolio HERE.
Are you looking for a rug in your kid's room or play area? This idea could be translated so many ways. Click HERE to see the transformation via design*sponge.
I am trying to not wear flats on a daily basis now that I have "been home" for two years, for fear of turning into "that" mom. Wedges seemed like the next best option. These suede pumps with patent leather trim work great, and I can still chase the boys. If you have not already guessed where they're from: Target.
David Jiminez
Do you ever wonder why some homes look polished, and others feel "off"? Tablescapes have a lot to do with that. Maria Killam is a color expert out of Vancouver, Canada and writes COLOUR ME HAPPY. Click HERE to read how to create a vingnette or tablescape.
This wall of curtains was created out of a king size duvet cover with NO sewing. Plus, you won't believe where she found the duvet! These take curtains on the cheap to a new level. Click HERE for details.
Many of my friends are considering having more children. I know we have not completely said no to more kids. This post from Modern Familia is interesting and worth the read. Be sure to read the comments! Click on To Have Another Baby Or Not: 9 Powerful Questions To Ask Yourself.
I was hoping to paint our chandelier this weekend, but we have a house showing Saturday, and an open house Sunday. Today will be spent cleaning, in hopes of an offer by Monday! Have a wonderful weekend.
Do you have a Friday Favorite?














Thanks for the link, Abby! ---And for the great ideas for my home! I think it could use some perking up! (And I love the pumps! I can totally relate to trying to balance fashion with the ability to sprint after a loose boy at a moment's notice!)
ReplyDeleteso many great links! pop by again tomorrow to visit more of them :) I have three kids, and we could have had another, but the time for that is past now.. I have 4 siblings and love it, always have. Less "stuff" but more hugs - have a great weekend, Abby!
ReplyDeleteAbby, great post!! I love caramelized onions and I made a homemade pizza last week w/caramelized onions & green tomatoes. I have to try that dip! Love that DIY rug, and your pumps (an added bonus if you can chase your kids)!!
ReplyDeletePan Fried Onion Dip?????? YUM
ReplyDeleteThanks for adding me to your blog list :) much appreciated!! Yes, I saw Emily's this morning, what a great job she did. Going to a party tomorrow and will be making that dip -- thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, I don't think I could ever betray Lipton's Onion Soup mix for Onion Dip. I am addicted. Thanks for all the other post recommendations. They were informative and lovely.
ReplyDeleteI am SO "that mom." Guess I need to get my shopping on! Thanks for all of your posts - I built time into my "in-law-visit-cleaning-extravaganza" just to read through it all for about 10 minutes. Love!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you like the dip as much as I do--Ina's never wrong, is she? :) I'm wearing my TOMS wedges every single day right now...a fun alternative to flats. Agreed. Love reading your blog...and I wish you could come to our house...a year in this little house and it still looks like we just got here...finally hung drapes this summer, but still haven't painted--ugh! I'll be in GR the first week in Nov, and would love to see you, of course. XO
ReplyDeleteOnion dip-YUMMY! Were you saying something else? I can't get my mind off the onion dip!
ReplyDeletexo
amanda
Can't WAIT to make that dip. This list is so much fun, as always. Julie
ReplyDelete